Grandma’s Best Sauce During Coronavirus
Are you using what you have right now?
Go shop your pantry and see if you can make more than one meal out of your ingredients.
After assessing my pantry situation, I realized I could make two low carb-high protein meals and wanted to share them with you!
It’s totally ok with this spaghetti sauce to play around with the meat. I have used ground turkey in place of beef. I have used Italian chicken sausage in place of pork sausage. Just use what you have. The secret is in the simmer and the spices. Remember: it doesn’t have to be perfect! It just has to be done.
YOUTUBE EMBED: https://youtu.be/FgBkjDqTuyI
Checkout my video above for making spaghetti squash.
Grandma’s Best Sauce during Coronavirus
1 12 ounce can tomato puree
1 small can of tomato paste
1 pound ground beef
1 pound of Italian sausage ((if you’re having a “lean” time, you can omit one of these meats)
Water (hint: to make your spaghetti squash go even further, add more water for a thinner sauce.)
Basil to taste
Oregano to taste
Salt to taste
1 bay leaf
1 TBSP minced garlic
- Saute the garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Brown the ground beef and sausage, drain.
- Add Puree and paste.
- Add spices, turn heat on simmer and put the lid on the sauce. Simmer for 2 hours. Taste, add more spices/salt as needed.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH PIE
2 C Cooked Spaghetti Squash
2 C Grandma’s Best Sauce
- Spray a pie pan and put squash, sauce into pan.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy and pour on top. Use a fork to mix the “pie” together, the idea here is to get the egg to stick to the ingredients so that each bite has a little bit of everything in it.
- Bake 350 until egg is done, about 30-35 minutes.